Are You Using Facebook to Market Your Vacation Rental?
What if you could market your vacation rental online for free – and reach millions of potential guests?
That’s the power of social networking.
And Facebook is the king of social networking sites.
Facebook is free for anyone around the world to use. Including businesses – and vacation rental owners.
If you want a free way to advertise your vacation rental online, follow our step-by-step guide to create your rental’s new Facebook page.
How to Create a Facebook Page
1. Sign up for Facebook. If you’re not already using Facebook – welcome to the 21st century! Seriously though, you’ll need to sign up for a free personal account to make your vacation rental page.
2. Log in to your account. Once you’ve logged in, navigate to Create a Page. It’s not the easiest page to find, so click the link we provided.
Choose the “Company, Organization, or Institution” box and select your category (we recommend “Travel/Leisure”). Enter your vacation rental’s name in the “Company Name” box, check the “I agree to Facebook Pages Terms” box and click “Get Started”.
3. Choose a profile picture. Click “Upload from Computer” and choose a high-quality photo of your vacation rental. This is the first picture people will see on your page, so use professional, colorful, clear photos!
4. Describe your rental. Create a catchy tagline, list the number of bedrooms and bathrooms, special amenities or anything else you’d like to highlight. Add your rental’s website in the website address box.
Congrats – once you’ve clicked “Yes” and “Save Info” your vacation rental Facebook page has been created!
How to Enhance Your Facebook Page
5. Edit your page. From the Admin Panel, click on the “Edit Page” drop down menu and select “Update Info”. Add relevant info about your rental here. Use your resort’s main address to protect your privacy.
6. Add pictures. Create albums or add single pictures by accessing “Photos” from the Admin Panel. Don’t forget to describe the photos for your guests.
7. Add a cover photo. Click on “Add a Cover” from the Admin Panel. Upload a photo, drag to position and save.
Note: You can’t use the cover for advertisements, but if you choose a stunning photo of your rental, resort or Disney, your page is sure to draw attention.
8. Share your page. Invite your family, friends, and former guests to “Like” your page by sharing your page’s URL. Or from the Admin Panel click on the “Build Audience” drop down menu and select “Invite Email Contacts”.
9. Keep your page updated. Share new photos, ask guests to post reviews, and advertise promotions or last-minute specials.
10. Tweet to @marketrental
with any questions on how to get your page started.
Do you know a vacation rental owner who needs help creating a Facebook page? Help your friend out by forwarding this article!